I hope you're enjoying #BacktoSchoolTreats Week as much as I am! I've had a serious s'mores fixation this summer and when I saw Diana P's recipe for S'mores Stuffed French Toast on the Taste of Home site I knew it would be a perfect for this event.
I added some vanilla to the egg/milk mixture, and to me, it's not really s'mores if you don't toast the marshmallow. I used my kitchen torch, but you could pop it under the broiler if you don't have one. One slice with marshmallows and chocolate chips was perfect for me.
He also added the chocolate syrup to his.
So fun, so delicious! Thanks again to Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures for hosting #BacktoSchoolTreats Week! Make sure to stop by and see what the other bloggers are making using the links down below.
S'mores Stuffed French Toast
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 whole graham crackers, coarsely crushed (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (I used minis)
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Chocolate syrup, optional
- In a wide shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. Place graham cracker crumbs in another wide shallow bowl.
- Grease a griddle with butter; heat over medium heat. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture, then in crumbs, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place bread on griddle; toast 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle chocolate chips and marshmallows over each of 4 toast slices; top with remaining toast. If desired, serve with chocolate syrup.
marshmallow, s'mores, french toast
Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert
Created using The Recipes Generator
Summer is winding down, and we are celebrating with #BacktoSchoolTreats hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures. All week-long 11 bloggers will be sharing 30+ fantastic recipes for both parents and kids, with breakfasts, snacks, desserts, and drinks to get you back in the school routine.**********************
Banana Mango Overnight Oats by Palatable Pastime
Fried Egg Pouches by Our Good Life
PB&J Overnight Oats by Kate's Recipe Box
Scrambled Egg and Sausage Taquitos by Blogghetti
S'Mores Stuffed French Toast by Jolene's Recipe Journal
Cookie Butter Blondies by The Redhead Baker
Easy Homemade Strawberry Shortcake by Making Miracles
Fluffernutter Bites by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Star Crunch Brownies by Sweet Recipeas
Star Crunch Layer Cake by Love & Confections