Happy to be joining the #MuffinMonday bakers this month with a muffin version of one of my favorite summer desserts, S'mores! I found Pam I's recipe on the Taste of Home site done in jumbo size, but I made 12 regular muffins instead of jumbo ones.
I made absolutely no changes to the recipe other than to have added a few extra chocolate chips on top when I put the marshmallows on there. They baked in 15 mins
exactly on convection bake, and I love how the marshmallows got golden
without having to break out the kitchen torch!
The marshmallow inside kind of disappears, you get the Graham cracker flavor and the chocolate, and then the toasty part on top, it's so fantastic. All the flavors of s'mores without the campfire!
Thanks so much to Stacy for hosting #MuffinMonday and to all the other awesome bloggers who
shared recipes today, be sure to go check out what they made using the links down below.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 squares)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine egg, buttermilk and oil; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and 1 cup marshmallows.
- Fill greased or lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining marshmallows. Bake at 375° for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all of our lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.
- Banana Rhubarb Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cheerios Banana Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- S'mores Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Sourdough Strawberry Muffins from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Vegan Chocolate Cherry Muffins from Magical Ingredients
Jolene....these sound amazing and they are adorable too. I can't wait to see my family's reaction when I bake these up one morning.ReplyDelete
S'mores are a campfire favorite so I know your muffins would be a hit as well at our house!ReplyDelete
Yum! This is going to be loved in our home. I am trying it right away!ReplyDelete
This smores muffins looks delicious. I have few smores fan in my house.ReplyDelete