The reviews were saying that the graham topping could be halved but I did the full recipe. I also made double the blueberry mixture with the intention of using some of it later on pancakes.
When I layered my ice cream in the containers, I put a layer of the graham crumble and some more dollops of blueberry on the bottom, then did 3 more layers. Who doesn't love more mix-ins?
I scooped longways across the top of the container. I like a fixed scoop for ice cream rather than one with a sweeper.
Look at that beautiful swirl of berry and graham cracker crumble!
Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 36 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water until smooth. Stir in blueberries and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Stir in butter. Pat into an ungreased 15x10-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° until lightly browned, 10-15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the ice cream ingredients. Fill ice cream freezer cylinder two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Whisk before adding to ice cream freezer (mixture will have some lumps).
- Crumble the graham cracker mixture. In a large container, layer the ice cream, graham cracker mixture and blueberry sauce 3 times; swirl. Freeze.
You Scream, I Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream! We are celebrating National Ice Cream Day in our #FestiveFoodies hosted by Radha from Magical Ingredients. Join us for celebrating #NationalIcecreamDay with wonderful flavors of ice cream perfect for the summer.
- Thai Tea Icecream by Magical Ingredients
- Garlic Ice Cream by That Recipe
- Homemade Peach Ice Cream by Fresh April Flours
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream by SueBee Homemaker
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream by House of Nash Eats
- No Churn Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Corn Ice Cream with Caramel by Lemon Blossoms
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream by Devour Dinner
- Fresh Mint Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buttermilk Ice Cream by Our Good Life
- Homemade Lemon Ice Cream by The Fresh Cooky
- Dark Chocolate Ice Cream by Art of Natural Living
- No Churn Blueberry Ice Cream by Life Love and Good Food