One thing I really like about doing events like #FallFlavors Week is that it forces me to be creative. I receive
product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of my recipes but all opinions are my own, of course!
Republic of Tea sent us a tin of their Hot Apple Cider variety. While I sat enjoying a cup, I thought about recipes I've seen that use tea that I could possibly do a version of. I thought about macarons, but then it hit me, madeleines!
I started out by opening up one of the tea bags and sifting it with the flour.
Then I infused melted butter with 2 tea bags. I set them on top of the half of a stick and then after it was melted stirred it around. I took it off the heat and let the bags cool in the butter.
I used a hand mixer to beat together the eggs, Taylor & Colledge vanilla bean paste, and salt.
Next up is adding the Dixie Crystals granulated sugar slowly, while beating at high speed. Now at this point, I wish I'd used a stand mixer instead of my hand mixer, because you need to beat it for five minutes or until it falls in "ribbons" from the beaters.
The flour mixture gets folded in, and then the infused butter. Now we need to talk about the elephant in the room. Or maybe it's camel, because we're talking about humps. A "classic" madeleine will form a hump when properly executed.
To achieve this, the batter has to be refrigerated at least for a few hours, some will say overnight. That causes the middle to puff up when baked. Will your madeleines taste any differently if you skip this and just pop them in the oven? Nope.
You will not be haunted by Julia Child's ghost. They will be as absolutely delicious as if they had the hump. I promise. You can eat them plain or you can sprinkle them with confectioner's sugar.
Thank you so much to our sponsors, Republic of Tea, Dixie Crystals, Taylor & Colledge, Melissa's Produce, Nairns, and Millican Pecan Company! They provided the awesome prizes for the giveaway, so be sure and enter down below!
Apple Cider Tea Madeleines
- 1/2 stick butter + 3T for coating the pans
- 3 Republic of Tea Hot Apple Cider Tea bags
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Taylor and Colledge vanilla bean paste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals confectioner's sugar
- 1 to 2 brewed Republic of Tea Hot Apple Cider Tea
- Heat oven to 375º. Sift flour and the contents of one Hot Apple Cider tea bag onto parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter with 2 Hot Apple Cider tea bags. Stir occasionally. Set aside and let cool. Squeeze out tea bags, discard.
- Beat eggs, vanilla bean paste and salt on high speed with electric mixer until light. I like to use the whisk attachment.
- Add the sugar slowly in a steady stream, beating continually. Beat on high speed until mixture is thick and pale, and ribbons form, about 5 minutes.
- Fold flour mixture into egg mixture in 3 additions. Fold the melted butter quickly but gently into the batter. Let the batter rest.
- Using a silicone brush, coat the Madeleine molds with 3T melted butter or non-stick baking spray.
- Divide batter evenly among indentations in the Madeleine pans, filling to about 3/4 full. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or overnight. Or not at all ;)
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and they spring back slightly when pressed.
- Move Madeleines onto a wire rack and let them cool completely.
- Serve as is, dust with confectioner's sugar, or glaze with a mixture of 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar plus 2 to 3 teaspoons brewed Hot Apple Cider Tea.
Makes approximately 18 madeleines, depending on the pan you use. Don't have a fancy pan? They also work just fine in mini muffin tins.
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
Appetizers, Cocktails, and Snacks
- Apple Cider Old-Fashioned from Books n' Cooks
- Fall Charcuterie Board from The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet And Spicy Pecans from Simple and Savory
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cider Pecan Granola from Family Around The Table
- Apple Cinnamon Bread from Life Love and Good Food
- Apple Pecan Scones from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Gluten-Free Apple Cider Doughnuts from Frugal & Fit
- Pecan Cinnamon Sugar Baked Apple Donuts from Jen Around the World
Soups and Salads
- Balsamic Glazed Cipollini Onions from West Via Midwest
- Roasted Cipollini Onions With Sherry Vinegar And Thyme from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Vegan Butternut Squash And Chestnut Kebabs from Magical Ingredients
- Cider Brined Baked Chicken from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters from Devour Dinner
- Apple Cider Tea Madeleines from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Apple Crumb Bars from SueBee Homemaker
- Apple Nachos from Take Two Tapas
- Butterscotch Blondies from That Recipe
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Fresh April Flours
- Fall Fruit Galette from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Giant Butterscotch Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Gluten-Free Apple Pie from The Fresh Cooky
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake from Art of Natural Living
- Pear & Butternut Squash Crisp from Savory Moments
- Pecan Pound Cake from Soulfully Made
- Sour Cream Apple Pie from House of Nash Eats
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe from Lemon Blossoms
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa's Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa's, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn's
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn's Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn's has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 value.
Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.