Hands down, fall is my favorite season. There's just something about the leaves changing and the temps dropping that inspires me to get into the kitchen.
This week I'll be joining some foodie friends to celebrate the flavors of fall and I'm kicking it off with Apple Cranberry Pecan Overnight Oats.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with Fall Flavors Week. I received
product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own.
I started by toasting some chopped Millican Pecan Company pieces in a skillet. Keep a close eye on them so they don't burn! I moved them to parchment to cool.
I added whole Millican Pecan Company pecans and tossed them until they were well coated. I let them set on a piece of parchment.
I prefer to layer the ingredients in jars, but you can also just toss everything into one bowl and put them into the fridge overnight.
My layers were- oats mixed with cinnamon, chia seeds, dried cranberries, diced green apple, and the toasted chopped pecans.
I repeated the layers up through the cranberries. They look so pretty!
Next I add almond milk. You can use regular milk or other non dairy options, it all works fine. Place the lids on and refrigerate overnight.
I eat mine straight from the jar, topped with the delicious brown sugar coated pecans. You can also heat them up. Both ways are delicious.
Thank you to Ellen from Family Around the Table, Heather from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks, and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures for hosting #FallFlavors Week.
Be sure to go and enter down below for a chance to win one of the prize packages from our generous sponsors, Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan Company, Melissa's Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairns, and Republic of Tea!
Apple Cranberry Pecan Overnight Oats
- 1/4c chopped Millican Pecan Company pecans
- 1/4c whole Millican Pecan Company pecans
- 1 Tablespoon Dixie Crystals brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon Taylor & Colledge vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- 4 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups almond milk
2. Add brown sugar, water, and vanilla bean paste to skillet, stir until syrupy. Add whole pecans.
3. Toss until they are well coated and then move to parchment to cool, separating them so they aren't touching.
4. In each jar, layer-
6. Place in refrigerator overnight. Top with glazed pecans before serving. Enjoy cold from the fridge or heat them up, both ways are delicious!
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
Appetizers and Snacks
- Caramel Pecan Clusters from An Affair from the Heart
- Carrot Top Hummus from Savory Moments
- Fall Charcuterie Board from Magical Ingredients
- Roasted Red Pepper and Crab Savory Cheesecake from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Sweet And Spicy Roasted Nuts from Karen's Kitchen Stories
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cranberry Pecan Overnight Oats from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Cinnamon Apple Bread from Lemon Blossoms
- Sweet Potato Pancakes from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Soups and Salads
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup from Devour Dinner
- Panera Autumn Squash Soup from The Fresh Cooky
- Salmon Salad With Grapes And Pecans from Art of Natural Living
- Apple Butter Dijon Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Candied Pecans And Green Apple from Soulfully Made
- Butternut Squash And Bacon Risotto from SueBee Homemaker
- Loaded Bacon And Kale Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts And Butternut Squash from Eat Move Make
- Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash from Hostess At Heart
- Apple Cider Rubbed Pork Chops from That Recipe
- Thai Butternut Squash Curry from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Butternut Squash Parmesan Pasta from Frugal & Fit
- Grape & Gorgonzola Pizza from The Spiffy Cookie
- Honey Dijon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner from Simple and Savory
- How To Air Fry Pork Tenderloin With Sweet Potatoes from West Via Midwest
- Butter Pecan Fudge from Take Two Tapas
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake from Fresh April Flours
- Easy Apple Crisp from Life Love and Good Food
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies from Books n' Cooks
- French Apple Tart from Jen around the world
- Individual Grape Crumble from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Roll from House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from Family Around The Table
- Slow Cooker Apple Pear Crisp from Blogghetti
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing
recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie
Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and
Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with
complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be
sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes
for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they
can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa's Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa's, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn's
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn's Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn's has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 value.
Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.