It's the last day of #FallFlavors Week and I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have! I'm wrapping things up with Pear Crisp Ice Cream because even though the calendar may say it's fall, we're still having 85 degree weather.This post is sponsored in conjunction with Fall Flavors Week. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own.
I've seen apple crisp ice cream and I thought, why not pear crisp? I combined diced pears with Dixie Crystals brown sugar, a little water and cinnamon and cooked them down until they were soft. I stirred in a bit of Taylor & Colledge vanilla bean paste and then let the mixture cool.
I made the ice cream base with eggs, Dixie Crystals granulated sugar, heavy cream, milk , and a nice big tablespoon of Taylor &Colledge vanilla bean paste. I let it do it's thing in my KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker attachment.
After about 25 minutes I added in the pear mixture. I let it go about another five minutes, then I started layering it into the containers. First I did ice cream, then I sprinkled on some Nairn's Oat Graham crumbs. I repeated that twice more, then put the lid on and stashed it in the freezer overnight.
Huge thanks to all of our sponsors, Nairn's, Taylor & Colledge, Dixie Crystals, Melissa's Produce, Republic of Tea, and Millican Pecan. The giveway ends tomorrow so be sure to go and enter for your chance to win one of the great prize packs!
Thank you also to Ellen from Family Around the Table, Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures, and Heather from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks for hosting this event and to all of the other bloggers for sharing all of their amazing recipes!
Pear Crisp Ice Cream
- 2 large pears, diced
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Taylor and College vanilla bean paste
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon Taylor & Colledge vanilla bean paste
- Add pears, brown sugar, water, and cinnamon to a skillet over med high heat. Cook, stirring constantly but gently until water is evaporated and until syrupy. Remove from heat and add vanilla bean paste. Cool completely.
- Prepare the sweet cream base. Whisk the eggs until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in sugar, a little at a time until completely blended. Pour in cream and milk mixture and whisk to blend.
- Pour into your ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Once ice cream stiffens, add the pear mixture. and continue to freeze to desired texture.
- Move ice cream to freezer containers. Layer ice cream, then oat graham crumbs and then repeat.
- Freeze overnight. Serve garnished with additional Oat Grahams if desired.
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
- Apple Cider Milk Tea With Boba And Caramel Apple from Magical Ingredients
- Apple Cider Old Fashioned from Books n' Cooks
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cider Donut Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pear and Apple Cider Scones from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Spiced Pumpkin Coffee Cake from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Balsamic Roasted Purple Brussels Sprouts W/ Grapes & Chestnuts from Savory Moments
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Pumpkin Muffins from Blogghetti
- Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley from Family Around the Table
- Glazed Cippolini Onions With Rosemary from Life Love and Good Food
- Sweet Potato Latkes from Take Two Tapas
- Apple Cider Pulled Pork With Apple Slaw from Simple and Savory
- Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce from Jen around the world
- Apple Blondies from Eat Move Make
- Apple Turnover from Art of Natural Living
- Butterscotch Pie from Lemon Blossoms
- Gf Cinnamon Graham Cracker Cupcakes from Frugal & Fit
- No- Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake With Salted Caramel Glaze from West Via Midwest
- Oatmeal Scotchies from Palatable Pastime
- Pear Bundt Cake from The Fresh Cooky
- Pear Cobbler from Fresh April Flours
- Pear Crisp Ice Cream from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Pecan Butter Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Pecan Pie Bars from Devour Dinner
- Pumpkin Cupcakes from House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies from SueBee Homemaker
- Rosemary Pecan Shortbread With Honey-Ginger Icing from The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet Tea Panna Cotta from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Turtle Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches from That Recipe
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa's Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa's, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn's
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn's Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn's has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 value.
Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.