Part of the life of a food blogger is thinking about holidays WAY before the average person does. While most people are apple picking, I'm flipping through recipe books, checking out my Pinterest boards, and coming up with ideas for what I'm going to share with you for #ChristmasCookies Week.
My first choice is Salted Caramel Fudge Drops from Carole H, which I found on the Taste of Home site. I love that they start with a sugar cookie mix and build from there. I like to use a cookie scoop to get consistent cookies.
The recipe calls for "caramel filled chocolate candies" and then sea salt. I went the direct route and bought Dove Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Promises. You could use Rolos, you could use caramel filled Hershey kisses or even Ghirardelli squares.
I did half the batch with the Promises, then I did half the batch with some semi sweet chocolate chips. Again, you could really use any of the fun chip varieties that are out there, salted caramel, peppermint, or even Nestle's espresso ones.
Thank you so much to Ellen from Family Around the Table, Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures and Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks for hosting #ChristmasCookies Week! There are so many awesome recipes being shared, make sure you go check them out using the links down below!
Salted Caramel Fudge Drops
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 48 caramel-filled chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter in a microwave; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat cookie mix, egg, milk, vanilla and chocolate mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are set. Press a candy into the center of each cookie. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Monday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Almond Joy Cookies from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- British Brandy Snaps from Art of Natural Living
- Chewy Gingerdoodles from Blogghetti
- Chocolate Mint Thumbprints from Sweet Beginnings
- Chocolate Peppermint Stuffed Cookies from Family Around the Table
- Confetti Sprinkle Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- M&M Santa Cookies from Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- Eggnog Cookies from Devour Dinner
- Gluten-Free Pistachio Cacao Cookies from Frugal & Fit
- Gingerbread Cookies from Jen around the world
- Lemon Drop Cookies from Take Two Tapas
- Magic Cookie Bars from Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Mandarin Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Molasses Cookies from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mulled Cider Spiced Brown Sugar Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Old Fashioned Spritz Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Orange-Scented Alfajores from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Grape Nuts from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Quick Maple Oatmeal Cookies from Christmas Tree Lane
- Salted Caramel Fudge Drops from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Santa Hat Red Velvet Mini Cookie Cups from Magical Ingredients
- Slice and Bake Butter Pecan Cookies from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Spiced Christmas Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- The Best Slice and Bake Christmas Cookies from Kate's Recipe Box