July has been a crazy month and one of the things that has been keeping me busy is the garden. The blueberries are having a great year and we've been enjoying them a variety of ways, pancakes, waffles, and muffins.
I found Donna B's Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins on the Taste of Home site. The only change I made was the yogurt, I had blueberry Greek yogurt on hand so that's what I used.
I reserved a tablespoon of flour called for in the recipe and tossed it with the blueberries. My grandmother taught me this trick to keep them from sinking to the bottom. It worked quite nicely.
I like to use a cookie scoop for the batter. It helps them bake consistently. I also pressed a few extra berries onto the tops of the muffins and then sprinkled them with raw sugar. We love that little bit of sparkle and crunch.
I definitely will be making another batch of these before berry season is over, they disappeared very quickly! Thanks so much to Stacy for hosting #MuffinMonday and to all the other awesome bloggers who shared recipes today, be sure to go check out what they made using the links down below!
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the egg, yogurt and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean, 18-22 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 4 Ingredient, Small Batch, Nutella Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Crawfish Cornbread Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- S'mores Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Sourdough Mango Banana Muffins from Zesty South Indian Kitchen