I'm wrapping up #FarmersMarketWeek with one of my favorite veggies, green beans. It's also one of the few veggies my guys will eat without complaint, so we eat a lot of them. I found Marian P's recipe on the Taste of Home site and it looked absolutely so colorful and delicious.
I only made a few small changes. I'm not a fan of green pepper so I used yellow. . I took about a dozen photos before I realized I'd forgotten to put on the cheese! I got an amazing shaved parmesan from a local farm.
You definitely could hit it with some fresh cracked black pepper but it's fantastic the way it is.
Thanks so much to all the other bloggers for sharing their recipes this week, I've got my shopping list ready for my next trip! Check out their recipes using the links down below.
Pepper Parmesan Beans
- 1 large sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, onion and garlic in oil until the vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the beans, basil and salt; toss to coat.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 7-8 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- Stir in cheese; serve immediately.
Welcome to Farmers Market Week! This is the week we celebrate all things found at the Farmers Market. There are over fifteen bloggers sharing over 50 recipes this week. From drinks and desserts to entrees and sides, there’s something for everyone this week.
Friday Farmers Market Recipes
- Burrito Bowl with Fresh Corn and Tomatoes from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Cajun Shrimp from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Crustless Zucchini Cheese Pie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Dutch Oven Chicken with Vegetables from Family Around the Table
- Egg Salad with Pickles from Art of Natural Living
- Everything Bagel Breakfast Sushi from The Spiffy Cookie
- Gnocchi with Corn, Mushrooms, and Bacon from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pepper Parmesan Beans from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Spicy Hoisin Grilled Corn from Palatable Pastime
- Sweet Potato Fries from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Zucchini and Hamburger Stew from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Fluffy Peach Waffles from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Lemon Poppyseed Summer Squash Bread from Jen Around the World
- Peach Lassi from Magical Ingredients