Fall Flavors Week continues and today I'm sharing my new favorite breakfast, Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal! I found this recipe on the Taste of Home site and it caught my eye because it was done in a slow cooker.
I know, I know, everyone's on the Instantpot train, but I'm still rocking it old school. First thing you do is mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. I know it's tempting to just mix it in the slow cooker, but it will stick. Cook it on low 5 to 6 hours.
It's great straight, but I added some fun toppings too. Some glazed pecans, some Craisins and a few pepitas and I finished it off with a little drizzle of maple syrup.
I packed the remaining portions into jars, added the toppings and had breakfast ready to go for the week. I think this could easily be converted to an overnight oats version by using regular oats instead of steel cut and I'd probably use almond milk instead of regular.
Be sure to go and check out what the other bloggers are serving up today by using the links down below!
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- Optional toppings: Glazed pecans, Craisins, pepitas, maple syrup, ground cinnamon, brown sugar and milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; stir in water and milk.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until oats are tender, stirring once.
- Serve with toppings as desired.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
Welcome to the fourth annual #FallFlavors! We have 21 bloggers sharing over SIXTY recipes using fall ingredients like squash, apples, maple, pecans, and many more. Follow #FallFlavors to see all the delicious recipes on social media.
Wednesday #FallFlavor Recipes
- Cranberry Orange Bourbon Cocktail from Family Around The Table
- Orchards be Dram-ed Cocktail from The Spiffy Cookie
Breakfasts and Breads
- Apple Pie Pancakes from Magical Ingredients
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Applesauce from An Affair from the Heart
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal from Jolene's Recipe Journal
Mains and Sides
- Chicken Parm Stuffed Spaghetti Squash from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Chicken Sausage with Apples from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Roasted Whole Butternut Squash from Jen Around the World
- Sauerkraut with Tomato Sauce from Palatable Pastime
- Air Fryer Candied Walnuts from Devour Dinner
- Caramel Apple Pie from Sweet Beginnings
- Easy Apple Pie Cake from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake from Blogghetti
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding from Hostess At Heart
- Old Fashioned Ritz Pie from Art of Natural Living
- Pecan Butter Cookies from Books n' Cooks
- Pecan Pie Bars from Best Cookie Recipes
This is a bowl full of FALL! Spices and all. YUM!ReplyDelete
A perfect Fall flavored breakfast. Yum!ReplyDelete
I love warm spiced oatmeal for breakfast and could totally get behind this pumpkin version for fall!ReplyDelete
Jolene, I have a Power Cooker, same idea as an Instant Pot. I use it like a slow cooker with a brown function 😆 I never pressure cook a single thing. This oatmeal looks completely nutritious and delicious! Gorgeous color to it too!ReplyDelete
This will take your oatmeal over the top! And I love the concentrated nutrition in pumpkin!ReplyDelete
Oatmeal is my preferred breakfast. This pumpkin flavored oatmeal is the breakfast for Fall season! Yummy and comforting!ReplyDelete
pumpkins are always favouriteReplyDelete