Skip to main content

Stuffed Waffles

I wasn't sure I was going to blog these stuffed waffles since it was the first time I tried using the new iron but since I'd already taken the pics as I went I figured, why not? They aren't perfect but they are delicious!

I'd seen videos floating around TikTok and Instagram of people making stuffed waffles so I hopped over to Amazon and ordered the Elite Gourmet version.  The instructions were fairly straightforward but there was no recipe so I made up a batch of Classic Waffle batter.

Then I scoured the fridge for things to stuff them with.    First up, some leftover taco meat from the previous night and Fiesta blend cheese,  pepperoni and mozzarella cheese and lastly some strawberries and cream cheese.

 

For the taco stuffed I added the taco meat and cheese in the middle and then set out some salsa and sour cream to top them with.  Learning curve lesson 1- make sure your ingredients are all room temp before you start, they will bake much quicker. 

For the pepperoni pizza style, I cut the pepperoni in quarters using kitchen shears, sprinkled with mozzarella cheese and then a bit of Italian seasoning.  Those I served up with some warmed sauce.

Lastly, the strawberry "cheesecake style.  In a small bowl I heated up some cream cheese then added some vanilla bean paste to it.  I laid down some strawberry slices and then dolloped the cream cheese mixture on top. I finished those off with a dusting of powdered sugar and more strawberries on top.

Learning curve lesson 2- next time I need to do a bit less batter and more of the goodies and work on the division of the batter a bit more.  I also recommend if you're going to be making several kinds to find some way to mark them because you can't really tell one flavor from the other by the outside.  

I've definitely got a lot more ideas I want to try, blueberries and lemon curd, ham and cheese, cornbread waffles with a chili center.  I love products like this that let me get into the kitchen and be creative!


Stuffed Waffles

Stuffed Waffles
Yield: 4
Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal

Ingredients

  • 2c flour
  • 1T sugar
  • 1T baking powder
  • 1t salt
  • 1 3/4c milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 2T vegetable oil
  • 1t vanilla extract
Filling ideas
  • For sweet waffles, use berries, cream cheese, bananas, Nutella, lemon curd. Top with maple syrup, whipped cream, ice cream, additional berries
  • For savory waffles, use pepperoni, cooked ham, cheese, taco meat, cooked bacon. Serve with salsa, marinara, hot honey.

Instructions

  1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk milk, eggs, oil in medium bowl. Whisk milk mixture into dry ingredients just until dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened.
  2. Preheat the Elite Gourmet Fluffy Stuffed Waffle Maker. Pour 1/4 cup batter into iron. Top with filling ingredients. Pour another 1/4 cup of batter carefully on top, making sure that the insert section is filled to the top.
  3. Close lid and bake for approximate 8 to 10 minutes. Carefully remove waffle using the insert and place on serving platter. Top as desired.

Other recipes you may enjoy:

stuffed waffles
Dessert, breakfast, lunch, dinner
American




PIN

Comments

Karen said…
That is so creative! Sounds like a great "clean out the fridge" cooking adventure.
Inger said…
Well that sure looks like fun! I can think of lots of things to stuff a waffle with!
tsallinger said…
Oooh, these look so fun! I have never tried making stuffed waffles before. The flavors sound fantastic.

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites

I'm a huge fan of the Dunkin Donuts Power Breakfast sandwich, so when I started seeing ads for the new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites I stopped in and gave them a try.  They were delicious, but of course, I knew I could make them at home.  I started with the whites of six eggs. You can use pasturized whites if you don't want to do the whole separating, finding a use for the yolks thing.  I beat them up with some salt and pepper. Next up, the tomato and spinach.  I used grape tomatoes, seeded them and then chopped them into 1/4" pieces. I like baby spinach, and I took about 10 leaves and chopped those up into 1/4" pieces as well. I added that to the egg mixture.  When you pour it into the pans, be sure that it all gets evenly distributed.   They bake up pretty quickly, around 9 minutes or so.  Dunkin gives you two egg bites, the mini donut serving size is three. I pop them in ziplocs in the fridge and just pull a bag and reheat them in the microwave for a quick

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon and Cheddar Omelet Bites

Since I already came up with a version of Dunkin Donuts new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites for myself, I decided to make the other variety that they are offering, Bacon & Cheddar, for my husband. Super simple.  Beat up some eggs with salt and pepper.  Add in some shredded cheddar and a slice of bacon cut into 1/4" pieces (I used kitchen shears).  Bake them for about 9 minutes in sprayed mini donut pans. They baked up light and fluffy.  The bacon stayed crisp and there's just the perfect amount of cheese.   I split them up into portions in zip top bags and that way we can just grab a bag and warm them up. My husband laughed when I told him 3 is the serving size.  I'll definitely be doubling the recipe next time! Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon & Cheddar Omelette Bites Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 4 large eggs 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 3T shredded cheddar cheese 1 slice cooked bacon, cut in 1/4" piec

Strawberry Pizzelles

Pizzelles are one of my favorite childhood cookies and I'm constantly looking for ways to put a new spin on them.  Since one of my favorite summer fruits is strawberries, I swapped out the vanilla in the original recipe with strawberry extract.  This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SummerDessertWeek !  I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own. I also added some red food coloring to give it a pink hue, but you can skip that if you like.  I use a cookie scoop to portion out the batter, it keeps all the pizzelles the same size, plus it's quicker than using two spoons.   They're delicious as is but you can take them over the top by fashioning them into a cylinder which we like to call fauxnoli.  You can pipe them full of whipped cream or buttercream.  If you want to prepare everything in advance, store the pizzelle in an airtight container, and the filling in a pastry or zip top bag in the f