I've only been grilling pizza for a few years, and I wish I'd discovered it sooner. It's so simple, and anything that keeps me from having to turn on the oven and warm up the house during the summer is a winner in my book.
I made 4 individual sized pizzas so that people could customize their own. It comes together so fast, and you can really vary the veggies with anything you like. I made it exactly as written this time, but this is a great "clean out the crisper drawer" meal. Thank you to Terri R for sharing the recipe!
I hope you been enjoying the #FarmersMarketWeek recipes, I know I've been finding so many wonderful things to try from the other participants. Scroll down for links to their posts for today!
Grilled Garden Pizza
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 pound frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan or asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough in half. Roll or press each to 1/4-in. thickness; place each on a greased sheet of foil (about 10 in. square).
- Brush tops with 1 tablespoon oil. Carefully invert crusts onto grill rack, removing foil. Brush tops with remaining oil.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Remove from grill; reduce grill temperature to low.
- Top grilled sides of crusts with Parmesan cheese, tomatoes, corn, onion and mozzarella cheese.
- Grill, covered, on low heat 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with spinach and basil.
#FarmersMarket Wednesday Recipes
Grilled Garden Pizza by Jolene’s Recipe Journal