I've fallen into a bit of a rut when it comes to veggies. Green beans and corn, corn and green beans. I like lots of vegetables raw, but I'm trying to expand my base of cooked veggies. I found this recipe in Taste of Home's Holidays & Celebrations cookbook. This is the 3rd recipe I've tried, and they've all been winners.
It really doesn't get much more simple than this. I had baby carrots on hand, so that's what I used. No fresh thyme at the grocery store this week, so I used dried. About halfway through, I gave the pan a shake to make sure nothing was sticking, but it was no problem. If I'd left them alone I would have gotten more of the nice caramelization on them. They were great as a side to roasted chicken, and I'll be making them again for Thanksgiving. Thank you so much to Deidre C. for sharing her recipe!
Roasted Carrots with Thyme
- 1 pound carrots, medium, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons canola oil- I used extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt- I used kosher
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place carrots in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix thyme, oil, honey and salt; brush over carrots.
- Roast 20-25 minutes or until tender.