I'll admit up front, my guys are fans of the can. I've made a few attempts at converting them to the real deal, and they've not been met with much enthusiasm at all. I saw this recipe on Taste of Home, and considering how much they like maple syrup, I thought I'd give it a try.
I didn't make any changes to the recipe. I was fortunate enough to hit the farmstand and grab local honey, but storebought would be fine too. I love hearing the cranberries pop, and the house smelled absolutely amazing as this cooked.
I reserved a little orange zest to put on top when I served it. I liked the chunky nature of it, the guys mashed theirs down some more. Overall, I'm marking it down as a success, but they did ask if we were having "normal" cranberry sauce for the holiday. LOL
Thank you so much to Caroline for hosting, and to all the other #FestiveFoodies for sharing their recipes! Be sure to check them out using the links below, and check back throughout the week for more great dishes!
Maple Honey Cranberry Sauce
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
How to cook Maple Honey Cranberry Sauce
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, syrup, honey and orange zest. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
Created using The Recipes Generator
I'm excited to be sharing this recipe as part of Cranberry Week - now in it's third year! See all the tasty cranberry recipes being shared today below and follow #cranberryweek on social media for more ideas all week long.
- Bourbon Cranberry Sauce from Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Apple Pie from The Redhead Baker
- Cranberry Almond Shortbread Tart from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Cranberry Cheese Ball from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Cranberry Chipotle Glazed Baked Salmon from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread from Our Good Life
- Cranberry Ice Cream from Kate's Recipe Box
- Cranberry Orange Bread from The Saucy Fig
- Cranberry-Orange Glazed Ham from Cooking For My Soul
- Cranberry Orange Scones from A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Fall Pizza with Sausage and Squash from Caroline's Cooking
- Glazed Cranberry Almond Squares from Family Around the Kitchen
- Hot Spiced Cranberry Orange Cocktail from The Gingered Whisk
- Lamb Lollipops with Cranberry-Apple Mostarda from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Maple Honey Cranberry Sauce from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Quinoa with Turkey, Brussels Sprouts & Cranberries from Books n' Cooks
- Real Cranberry Gummy Bears from Daily Dish Recipes
We've visited the cranberry harvest too, agree it's very cool. This sauce sounds great!ReplyDelete
Love the New England twist on the recipe!ReplyDelete
I can imagine the maple makes this super delicious!ReplyDelete
Yummy! That sounds so good and just perfect for the holidays. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Whimsical Wednesdays Link Party! I really appreciate you stopping by each week. ;-DReplyDelete
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ..... brings back many happy childhood memories of summers spent on Cape Cod!! I, too, have always loved cranberries...... my favorite back in the day was the cranberry sorbet that we couldn't get here in Pennsylvania...... This cranberry sauce sounds amazing... have to try it! Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did :) And if you have any left over, it's awesome on these- https://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/2018/11/turkey-cranberry-bagels.htmlDelete