I hope that you've enjoyed Spring Sweets Week as much as I have! I've found so many new things that I can't wait to try, my fellow bloggers are so creative. For my last recipe, I'm sharing a spin on a quick bread that I found in my Gram's recipe box. Hers used blueberries, but I swapped those out for some strawberries and rhubarb.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
If you can't get fresh strawberries or rhubarb, frozen is fine. I put in some rhubarb plants last year and was lucky to have frozen some in 1 cup portions, it's hard to find here this time of year. I like to toss add ins for quick breads, muffins, and cakes with a little flour to keep it from sinking to the bottom, something that my Gram taught me to do.
Check out that gorgeous bread! I absolutely love the large, easy to grab edge on the Anolon loaf pans. I can't tell you how many times I've smushed a bread or a cake trying to get a grip on it with a big oven mitt.
Thank you so much to Anolon for sponsoring Spring Sweets Week! Be sure to go below and enter for your chance to win a prize package from them or one of our other awesome sponsors!
Strawberry Rhubarb Quick Bread
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1t vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (divided)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb (frozen is fine, don't defrost first)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar, for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine egg, milk, oil and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Measure strawberries and rhubarb into another bowl, and toss with remaining 1/2 cup flour. This will help to keep it from sinking to the bottom of the bread.
- Spray pan with cooking spray. Pour in batter.
- Sprinkle top with raw sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 50 to 55 mins or until the center tests done.
- Let cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then move to a rack to cool completely.
strawberry, rhubarb, quick bread
Created using The Recipes Generator
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Friday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole by Fresh April Flours
- Buttermilk Birthday Cake with Creamy Chocolate Frosting by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Caramel Pecan Cannoli by Palatable Pastime
- Carrot Cake Muffins by Books n' Cooks
- Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread by Shockingly Delicious
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond Truffles by Family Around the Table
- Disney Spring Treat Lemon Cheesecake by Simply Inspired Meals
- French Silk Tartlets by That Recipe
- Gluten Free Blackberry Mocha Brownies by Frugal & Fit
- Hummingbird Pancakes with Homemade Pineapple Syrup and Candied Pecans by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Lemon Blueberry Fritters by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Blogghetti
- Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream with Strawberries by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lemon Poppy Seed Poke Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon Poppyseed Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- PEEPS Crispy Treats by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Raspberry Moscow Mule Cupcakes by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Raspberry Rosé Cupcakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Spring Cut Out Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Banana Bread with Cinnamon Chips by Sweet Beginnings
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes by Jen Around the World
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bread by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Strawberry Shortbread Bars by A Savory Feast
- Vegan Lemon Berry Sweet Rolls by The Baking Fairy
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Anolon, Fresh April Sprinkles, Deiss Kitchenware, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.