January is #NationalOatmealMonth and today I'm celebrating all things oats with some of my foodie friends! Nothing quite hits the spot on a cold New England morning like a bowl of oatmeal. It's been one of my go-to breakfasts for a few years now and I'm always looking for new ways to change it up. I found this recipe on the Taste of Home site and made a few changes to make it work for us.
First I added a teaspoon of chia seeds along with the oats, maple syrup, milk and vanilla. Though I mixed it up in a medium sized bowl, I then transferred it to 4 Ball jars so that I can easily grab one each morning.
I topped the jars with Greek Yogurt in Apple Pie flavor, and then added a generous amount of locally made Maple Nut Granola for texture. It would be great with fresh fruit as the recipe suggests but I didn't get any in my grocery pickup this week.
You can eat this hot or cold, it's delicious either way. Thank you to Maddie K. for sharing her recipe! Be sure to go and check out all the other great recipes from my foodie friends in celebration of #NationalOatmealMonth by clicking the links down below!
Overnight Maple Oatmeal
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup (not pancake syrup!)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, I used
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Nut Granola or chopped nuts, if desired
- Combine oats, chia, milk, maple syrup and vanilla in a bowl. Divide between ball jars.
- Add 1/4 cup of yogurt to each jar. Top with granola or nuts if desired.
- Place lids on jars. Refrigerate overnight.
Other recipes featuring oats you may enjoy:
National Oatmeal Month
- Blueberry Pecan Baked Oatmeal from Kate's Recipe Box
- Overnight Maple Oatmeal from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Low Carb Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Masala Oats from Magical Ingredients
- Yellow Cake Baked Oatmeal from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Sour Cream & Raisin Oatmeal Squares from Savory Moments
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal from Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Granola Bars from Family Around the Table
- Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Oatmeal Kiss Cookies from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Mixed Berry Oatmeal Bars from Making Miracles
- Overnight Slow Cooker Ice Cream Oatmeal from The Spiffy Cookie
- Leftover Oatmeal Muffins from A Day in the LIfe on the Farm
- Lavender Blueberry Chia Seed Oatmeal from Our Sutton Place