This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SummerDessertWeek! I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own.
You could definitely say we're S'mores obsessed around here. I've made muffins, french toast, milkshakes, creme brulee and now donuts! I found the recipe in Sara Mellas' Easy Baked Donut cookbook, it's one of many that I've marked to try.
The base donut recipe has graham cracker crumbs along with all of the regular ingredients. I got 12 full size donuts and 12 minis out of one batch of batter. Yes, one of the minis is missing, it's called quality control ;) The minis cooked in about 7 minutes, the full size in about 13.
I used my kitchen torch to toast the marshmallows because it's fun. You can also do them under the broiler, just watch them carefully so that they don't burn.
I hope you're enjoying #SummerDessertWeek as much as I am, my fellow bloggers are sharing some awesome recipes! Don't forget to enter for your chance to win one of the great prizes from Dixie Crystals and Circulon down below.
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed Dixie Crystals light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup milk (room temperature)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows, for topping
- Heat the oven to 350º, spray donut pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together butter, oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, sour cream and milk.
- Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and soda, salt and cinnamon. Whisk until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Spoon batter into piping bag and fill donut pans a little over 3/4 full.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for about 13 mins or until the donut tests clean with a toothpick.
- Let cool in pans for 10 mins, then move to a rack to cool completely.
- Add chocolate and butter to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, just until chocolate softens. Add cream, then microwave for an additional 20 to 30 seconds, just until the cream bubbles.
- Gently stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth and glossy. If there's any unmelted chocolate, microwave for another 10 seconds, stirring after each time.
- Dip tops of donuts into ganache, letting the excess drip off, then place onto a baking sheet. Press on 6 or 7 marshmallows.
- Place sheet into the freezer to help the ganache set up, about 15 mins.
- Remove donuts from freezer. Using a kitchen torch, toast the marshmallows.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Homemade Mickey Bars from Big Bear’s Wife
Pina Colada Poke Cake from Semi Homemade Recipes
Whopper Cookies from Eat Move Make
Seashell Macarons from Simply Inspired Meals
S'mores Bars from It’s Shanaka
Birthday Cake Fudge from Fake Ginger
Soft Baked Lemon Poppyseed Cookies from Blogghetti
Smoked Cheesecake from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Berry Mousse from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Layered Ice Cream Pie from For the Love of Food
No Churn Lemon Shortbread Ice Cream from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Mini Biscuit Peach Pies from Our Good Life
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies from Family Around the Table
Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Loaf from Sweet Beginnings
S'mores Donuts from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Bourbon Caramel Sauce from Savory Experiments
Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler from Devour Dinner
Lemon Filling (No eggs) from Shockingly Delicious
Gluten-Free Blueberry Crisp for Two from Books n’ Cooks
Kinder Bueno Cheesecake from SugarYums
Blueberry Turnovers from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Instant Pot Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake from Baking up Memories
Raspberry Shortbread Sandwich Cookies from Pastry Chef Online
Mint Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Fudge from Sweet ReciPEAs
Custard Cream Sandwich Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Welcome to this year's #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. You're going to be in for treat this year because we have 28 blogs/bloggers creating summer themed dessert recipes all week! We're sharing them with the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media and you'll find some of the links in this post as well. Plus, we also have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away 1 (one) 4.2 Quart (4 Liter) Electric Air Fryer
Prize #2 — Circulon is giving away a TOTAL BAKEWARE 6-Piece Nonstick Bakeware Set - Two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, 9-Inch x 5-Inch Loaf Pan, 9-Inch x 13-Inch Rectangular Cake Pan, 10-Inch x 15-Inch Cookie Pana Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 26th until July 31st at 11:59PMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 2 (two) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 2 (two) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals and Circulon. These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.