My last farm trip I picked up a beautiful bunch of rainbow carrots. I wanted a recipe that had a sweet base that I knew my guys would eat, but had a little something "extra" for me. I found these Honeyed Carrots with Citrus Basil Gremolata by Naylet L. on the Taste of Home website.
Make sure you slice the carrots all about the same size so that they cook evenly. I loved that this is done in the microwave and all comes together in about 15 minutes.
I left the red pepper flakes out of the gremolata hoping that they might give it a try but they were happy with just the glazed carrots. I ended up adding the pepper flakes to my portion later. That meant I had extra gremolata, and it was fantastic the next day in a wrap with some grilled chicken.
I hope you're enjoying #FarmersMarketWeek as much as I am! The other bloggers are sharing some fantastic recipes today, you can find them using the links down below.
Honeyed Carrots with Citrus-Basil Gremolata
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 pound medium carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, basil, lemon zest, orange zest, garlic and pepper flakes if desired; set aside.
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine carrots and 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes longer or until tender. Drain. Combine the honey, oil, salt and pepper; stir into carrots.
- Transfer carrots to a serving plate and sprinkle with parsley mixture.
Here’s more Farmer’s Market Week Recipes
Starters and Sauce Recipes
- Air Fried Zucchini Fries by West Via Midwest
- Bacon Wrapped Pickles by Take Two Tapas
- Chilled Cucumber Melon Soup by Cookaholic Wife
- Easy Refrigerator Dill Pickles by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Raspberry Lemonade Limoncello Cocktail by Books n' Cooks
- Strawberry Pesto Brie Bites by Kate's Recipe Box
- Watermelon Rind Pickles by Palatable Pastime
- Zucchini Nachos by Magical Ingredients
Side Dishes Recipes
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts by Devour Dinner
- Diner-Style Breakfast Potatoes and Onions by Family Around the Table
- Honeyed Carrots with Citrus Basil Gremolata by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Southwestern Potato Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Twice Baked Potatoes by Hostess At Heart
- Zucchini Corn Fritter by The Fresh Cooky
Main Dish Recipes
- Eggplant and Chickpea Fritters w/ Herb Yogurt Sauce by Savory Moments
- Philly Style Pepper Steak by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Asparagus by Blogghetti
- Steak and Bell Pepper Salad by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Squash Quick Bread by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Corn Ice Cream by House of Nash Eats
- Homemade Peach Ice cream by SueBee Homemaker
- Peach Pie with Bourbon Caramel Sauce by Lemon Blossoms