It's Farmer's Market Week! I do a lot of fun events throughout the year but this is one of my favorites. I'm always on the lookout for new things to try or new varieties of old favorites. This time I picked up some striped zucchini.
It was so pretty I wanted to "show it off" and not hide it in a bread or muffins, so I decided on this recipe from Taste of Home for Zucchini Pico de Gallo Salsa by Amy G. It's a great way to practice your knife skills!
I am one of those unfortunate people that has the "soapy" cilantro gene, so I used parsley instead. The recipe states the jalapeno is optional, but I like a little heat. Next time I'd probably even up it to 2 jalapenos.
This made an amazing snack with some tortilla chips, but it was also really good along paired with grilled chicken in a wrap for a quick lunch.
Thank you so much to Ellen from Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures for hosting #FarmersMarketWeek! Be sure and check out the links down below to see what the other bloggers are sharing today!
Zucchini Pico de Gallo Salsa
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 seeded and diced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro- I used parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Combine the first 9 ingredients. Add lime juice; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Farmer’s Market Week is always the first week in August. Whether you have a great local farm stand or market, are a member of a CSA or purchase your fruits and vegetables at the supermarket, follow our Pinterest board, for great recipes including those for appetizers, drinks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and more.
Here’s more Farmer’s Market Week Recipes
Starters and Drinks Recipes
- Baked Feta Pasta with Spinach by SueBee Homemaker
- Cheese Stuffed Banana Peppers by Savory Moments
- Dill Vinegar by Palatable Pastime
- Herb Cream Cheese Dip by Take Two Tapas
- Zucchini Walnut Bread by West Via Midwest
- Watermelon Slush by The Fresh Cooky
- Whipped Feta with Honey by Books n' Cooks
- Zucchini Pico de Gallo Salsa by Jolene's Recipe Journal
Side Dishes Recipes
- Air-Fried Zucchini by Our Good Life
- Air Fryer Parmesan Squash Fries by Cookaholic Wife
- Brussels and Bowties by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Classic 3-Bean Salad by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Green Beans with Shallots by Family Around the Table
- Heirloom Tomato Salad with Burrata by House of Nash Eats
- Mexican Street Corn by Blogghetti
- Watermelon and Feta Salad by Life Love and Good Food
Main Dish Recipes
- Asparagus and Coconut Stir-Fry by Magical Ingredients
- Fresh Chicken and Veggie Pizza by The Freshman Cook
- Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan by Frugal & Fit
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Strawberry Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Blueberry Pie by Lemon Blossoms
- Chai Snickerdoodle Peach Cobbler by The Spiffy Cookie
- Fresh Peach Shortcakes by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Peach Bruschetta by The Redhead Baker
- Peach Ice Cream by Devour Dinner
- Peach Kuchen by Hostess At Heart
- Peaches and Cream Cake Roll by Kate's Recipe Box
- Yogurt Panna Cotta with Fresh Raspberry Sauce by Karen's Kitchen Stories