Today is the last day of #ChristmasCookies Week and I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have! For my last recipe I decided I wanted to make ginger cookies, which are a favorite of mine. I typed what I was looking for into the search box and up popped Barbara G's Big Soft Ginger Cookies from Taste of Home.
I made absolutely zero changes to the recipe. I was tempted at the end to roll the dough balls into turbinado sugar but I stuck with the granulated. The resulting cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, perfectly spiced.
Thank you again to Ellen from Family Around the Table, Heather from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks and to Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures for hosting #ChristmasCookies Week and to all of the other bloggers for sharing their recipes!
Big Soft Ginger Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses.
- Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Scoop or roll dough into 1 1/2-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° until puffy and lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Friday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Big Soft Ginger Cookies from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Chai Snickerdoodles from The Spiffy Cookie
- Chewy Oatmeal Ginger Cookies from Family Around the Table
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies from Kate's Recipe Box
- Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Christmas Ritz Cracker Cookies from Jen Around the World
- Cinnamon Toast Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti from Sweet Beginnings
- Cranberry Thumbprint Cookies from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Double Chocolate Cherry Almond Oatmeal Cookies from Magical Ingredients
- Double Peppermint Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Grinch Cookies from Devour Dinner
- Italian Pistachio Cookies from Take Two Tapas
- Old-Fashioned Jubilee Jumbles Cookies from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Peppermint Shortbread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Reindeer Cookies from Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- Sugar Cookie Bars from Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Thumbprint Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies from Art of Natural Living