I'm changing things up a bit for this month's #MuffinMonday and sharing a savory muffin. I was bored with our regular sides for pasta so I went searching the Taste of Home site and found Cyndee P's Italian Herb Muffins.
I made absolutely no changes to the recipe. Just as a public service announcement, there are many levels to parmesan cheese. The best is the real deal which you grate yourself, second is the preshredded kind. Avoid the green canister!
These disappeared in a flash, next time I'll double the recipe. Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. I liked the garlic butter a lot, next time I think I'd use real minced garlic instead of the powdered kind.
Italian Herb Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sugar, Italian seasoning, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic powder. Serve with warm muffins.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all of our lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page.
- Banana Jam Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Cream Cheese Filled Red Velvet Muffins from Magical Ingredients
- Italian Herb Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Peanut Butter Banana Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Savory Breakfast Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Stuffed Cinnamon Streusel Muffins from Passion Kneaded
Savory muffins are my favorites, especially if they have cheese! Yours look delicious, Jolene!ReplyDelete
Perfect with a big bowl of pasta. YUM.ReplyDelete
Herbs plus cheese - always a winning combination.ReplyDelete
These sound amazing! I love savory muffins and these would go perfect with a bowl of soup! Herbs and cheese are always the best combo and these make this muffin the very best!ReplyDelete