Happy St. Patrick's Day! I've got some Irish in my family background but even if you don't, everyone's Irish today! I was looking for something fun to share and I found Rebecca L's Creamy Irish coffee on the Taste of Home website.
It's a super simple recipe. You start by brewing your favorite coffee and then you add in some Irish cream liqueur. We've always got Baileys on hand, it's in a lot of our favorite cocktails.
In each of four mugs, pour 6 ounces of coffee and one ounce of Baileys. Stir well. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. I used Lindt dark chocolate and grated it on my Microplane.
Wherever you go and whatever you do,
May the luck of the Irish be there with you.
Creamy Irish Coffee
- 3 cups hot strong brewed coffee
- 4 ounces Baileys Irish cream liqueur
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Chocolate shavings, optional
- Divide coffee and liqueur among 4 mugs; stir.
- If desired, top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.