Today is National Garlic Day and I went all in with this recipe for skillet potatoes from Anita O. that I found on the Taste of Home website. There are 12 whole cloves of garlic in this recipe!
I used a bag of multicolored potatoes that included gold, red and purple. I also did half red bell pepper and half yellow bell pepper because I had them leftover from another dish.
It's pretty enough that you can serve it right in the skillet, I love the pops of red and yellow and purple. Or you can transfer it to a serving bowl. Look at that big whole clove of caramelized garlic right on top!
Thank you to all of the other bloggers who joined me for #NationalGarlicDay! You can check out the great recipes they shared using the links down below.
Skillet Potatoes with Bell Peppers and Garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch cubes (about 7 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic cloves; cook, uncovered, until almost tender, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium. Stir in potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add red pepper; cook and stir until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.