Who's ready for Muffin Monday? For this month I'm sharing some delicious Streusel Strawberry Muffins from Taste of Home.
I didn't make any changes to the recipe except I used Greek yogurt instead of regular. I tossed berries with flour to prevent sinking and reserved some berries to sprinkle on top.
A lot of times I have to pass on streusel recipes because they have nuts and both my guys are allergic but on these it's just brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter.
Just look at the beautiful bits of strawberry and the light and fluffy texture! These were great by themselves but they'd also be awesome griddled with some strawberry butter.
Thanks so much to Stacy for hosting #MuffinMonday and to all the other awesome bloggers who
shared recipes today, be sure to go check out what they made using the links down below!
Streusel Strawberry Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Greek strawberry cheesecake yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Toss a tablespoon of flour mixture in with strawberries and set them aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, yogurt and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in strawberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all of our lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page.
- Beer Cheese Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Blueberry Bran Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Jalapeño Hush Puppy Mini Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Strawberry Streusel Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Tomato Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
Strawberries and streuesel. What's not to love?ReplyDelete
That streusel really fancies them up! Love it!ReplyDelete
Those muffins look sooooo tender inside! Thank goodness for strawberry season!ReplyDelete
How many muffins does this make?ReplyDelete
It makes 12.Delete
These look so nice and light and I'm really feeling the strawberries right now.ReplyDelete