It's day two of #BBQWeek and today I'm serving up a sensational side dish, Pesto Pasta & Potatoes! My grill has a side burner but if yours doesn't you can definitely cook this one indoors.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BBQWeek. The sponsors, Rainier Foods and Intensity Academy, generously provided prize packages to give away to the readers, however, all opinions are mine alone.
I chose baby Dutch yellow potatoes but it would be great with red or purple too. I had frozen steam in bag green beans on hand, we're still a while away from getting fresh local green beans.
Since my guys are allergic to nuts I have to choose my pesto carefully. My favorite right now is the Classico brand. It's delicious and comes in the most adorable little jars.
You could also use a tri color pasta or other shapes, just choose something that the pesto and cheese can grab onto. It's fantastic hot or chilled. I served it alongside Grilled Buttermlk Chicken and I'll be sharing that recipe tomorrow.
Don't forget there are two awesome prize packages up for grabs, you can enter for your chance to win using the links down below. And be sure to go and check out what the other bloggers are serving up today and throughout the week, so many delicious ideas!
Pesto Pasta & Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds baby Dutch yellow potatoes, halved
- 12 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 3 cups cut fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding green beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta water; add to potatoes. Toss with pesto, cheese and enough pasta water to moisten.
Welcome to the third annual #BBQWeek hosted by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We are excited to have 15 bloggers sharing over 50 recipes this week as we head toward grilling season. The amazing sponsors have donated some great prizes for the #BBQWeek giveaway and you can check them out HERE and enter for your chance to win down below.
Tuesday #BBQWeek Recipes
Starters and Sides
- Kimchi Slaw from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad from Sweet Beginnings
- Pesto Pasta & Potatoes from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream from Jen Around the World
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you #BBQWeek sponsors Saucy Queen and Rainier Foods for donating the prizes for this event. The #BBQWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner are checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning.
Two (2) winners are selected at random from entries received. The prize packages are fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #BBQWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #BBQWeek posts or entries.