Welcome to #BrunchWeek! We've been shifting our weekend schedules more in the last year and that's pushed our first meal of the day sort of out of the breakfast time period and more into a brunch one. I've been testing out some recipes and one of my favorites is this Chicken Pesto Pasta.
I found this recipe on the Taste of Home website. I made a few minor changes. I omitted the pine nuts due to allergies in the family. You could definitely replace them with sunflower seeds or pepitas if you wanted.
Since most of the flavor in this one is coming from the pesto, make sure that you choose a really good one. I like the Classico Traditional Basil Pesto, which is a nut free variety.
You can roast the chicken yourself or use rotisserie chicken. I doubled a recipe for some grilled buttermilk chicken and froze the extra, so I defrosted and used that.
I threw in a sprinkle of shredded parmesan cheese, it would be great with some fresh mozzarella pearls also.
You can serve it warm or cold and it's delicious either way. I loved it because it was filling but not heavy at all. It actually was better the next day so it was nice to have it all ready to go at brunch time.
Thank you so much to Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures for hosting #BrunchWeek and to all of the other bloggers for sharing their awesome recipes! Be sure to go and check them out using the links down below!
Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) cellentani or spiral pasta
- 2 cups cubed cookied chicken
- 1 pint halved grape tomatoes
- 1 container (7 ounces) prepared pesto, I like the Classico brand
- 1 to 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese, optional
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan.
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes and pesto; heat through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pine nuts, if desired.
Monday #BrunchWeek Recipes
- Cold Brew Coffee Boba from That Recipe
Appetizers and Salads
- Masala Labneh Pastry Swirls from Magical Ingredients
- Smoked Trout Polenta Canapés from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Smoked Turkey Cheddar Kabobs with Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
Breads, Grains, and Cereals
- GF Biscuits and Gravy from Frugal & Fit
- Korvapuustit (Finnish Cinnamon Rolls) from Tara's Multicultural Table
- Quick and Easy Buttermilk Biscuits from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Strawberry Muffins from Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- Crustless Broccoli and Cheese Mini Quiches from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Naan Breakfast Pizza from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Bacon, Tomato, and Corn Galette from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Chicken Pesto Pasta from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Loco Moco from Palatable Pastime