Skip to main content

Lemon Blueberry Biscuits

I love to try new recipes, but I have a problem- I have so many saved, pinned, and printed, I sometimes have a hard time narrowing down what to make!  Having a theme makes it so much easier for me to decide. This month, I'm joining the #BakingBloggers, and we're sharing biscuit and scones recipes.

Poring over my mountain of choices, I thought about what flavors I'm loving right now, and what I have on hand.  We moved 4 blueberry bushes from my parent's property to ours this spring, and while it was a slow year for them, there's been a good amount.

I ended up choosing these Lemon Blueberry Biscuits from Taste of Home.  I had all the ingredients on hand. The only change I made was using Greek yogurt, and I only had a 5.3oz container, so I made up the volume difference with some sour cream.   I used a cookie scoop to portion, and next time I'd probably not. It made them a little more smooth-topped and a tiny bit compacted on the interior.

These disappeared in a flash.  They'd also be great with orange zest/juice. I'm also going to make a version with blackberries, since we have another few weeks worth of those ripening in the yard.  Thanks so much to the Test Kitchen for another family favorite recipe!

Be sure to check out what other bakers are serving up this month, using the links at the bottom of the post.  Big thanks going out to Sue from Palatable Pastime for hosting this month and inviting me to jump in!

Here are some other biscuit and scone recipes you might like:
Easy Cheesy Biscuits
Chocolate Chip Scones
Angel Biscuits




Lemon Blueberry Biscuits


Lemon Blueberry Biscuits

ingredients:

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup lemon yogurt (8 ounces)- used 5.3oz Greek Yogurt and 2.7 oz sour cream
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries- used fresh
  • GLAZE:
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel

instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk yogurt, egg, melted butter and lemon peel until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
  2. Drop by 1/3 cupfuls 1 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes or until light brown.
  3. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm biscuits. Yield: 1 dozen.
Source: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/lemon-blueberry-biscuits
lemon, blueberry, biscuits
Breakfast, Dessert
American
Created using The Recipes Generator




Comments

  1. Sound like they would go fast in this household too Jolene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only we all had time to make every recipe we have stored in our must-make-someday folder! I love that you used sour cream in these too...I have a feeling I'll be doing that more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous of your blackberries growing in your yard! These look wonderful and sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet they disappeared in a flash! They are soooo pretty, and lemon and blueberry need to get married.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how much less-fat this recipe is- I am on a scone kick now, so I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lemon and blueberry together and these sound great - like the idea of yogurt in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous, you have blueberry bushes you can go and pick fresh, and they play so well with lemon as well. I wonder how cremé fraiché would go? hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love these for breakfast any day of the week! Thanks for baking with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love one of these biscuits for breakfast right now! They look SO good. I'm making them a feature at this week's Whimsical Wednesdays Link Party! Thank you so much for linking up with us. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites

I'm a huge fan of the Dunkin Donuts Power Breakfast sandwich, so when I started seeing ads for the new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites I stopped in and gave them a try.  They were delicious, but of course, I knew I could make them at home.  I started with the whites of six eggs. You can use pasturized whites if you don't want to do the whole separating, finding a use for the yolks thing.  I beat them up with some salt and pepper. Next up, the tomato and spinach.  I used grape tomatoes, seeded them and then chopped them into 1/4" pieces. I like baby spinach, and I took about 10 leaves and chopped those up into 1/4" pieces as well. I added that to the egg mixture.  When you pour it into the pans, be sure that it all gets evenly distributed.   They bake up pretty quickly, around 9 minutes or so.  Dunkin gives you two egg bites, the mini donut serving size is three. I pop them in ziplocs in the fridge and just pull a bag and reheat them in the microwave for a quick

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon and Cheddar Omelet Bites

Since I already came up with a version of Dunkin Donuts new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites for myself, I decided to make the other variety that they are offering, Bacon & Cheddar, for my husband. Super simple.  Beat up some eggs with salt and pepper.  Add in some shredded cheddar and a slice of bacon cut into 1/4" pieces (I used kitchen shears).  Bake them for about 9 minutes in sprayed mini donut pans. They baked up light and fluffy.  The bacon stayed crisp and there's just the perfect amount of cheese.   I split them up into portions in zip top bags and that way we can just grab a bag and warm them up. My husband laughed when I told him 3 is the serving size.  I'll definitely be doubling the recipe next time! Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon & Cheddar Omelette Bites Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 4 large eggs 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 3T shredded cheddar cheese 1 slice cooked bacon, cut in 1/4" piec

Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Back in the day I used to bake from home for extra money.  This was one of the most popular items.  Cake mix sizes have changed and if you're using the 15.75 ounce ones bake them in 8" pans. If you want to use the 9" rounds, you can also use this cake mix upsizer to make up the difference between the old and new cake mix sizes.  If the layers are too thin, you'll never be able to flip and stack them without a mess. Be sure to keep track of which pan has the pineapple rings and cherries in it and which doesn't so that you can easily turn them out onto the plate in the right order.    Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained 1/2 stick butter 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 8 ounce can pineapple slices 8 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice 1 package yellow cake mix (15.75 ounces) Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter and coat the