They're both allergic to tree nuts, so I left those out. I used a 13x9 pan and they baked in just over 35 minutes. I don't have a particular knack for piping, but that's the great thing about mummies, they're not meant to be neat and tidy. I used some great candy eyeballs I found in the cake decorating section, but you can use mini M&Ms too.
The trick was almost on me, these treats were disappearing so fast I had to hide them so I could get a few pictures! Be sure to go and check out what Halloween ideas the other #FestiveFoodies are sharing today using the links down below. Thank you so much to Ellen from Family Around the Table for hosting!
Other Halloween Treats you may like:
Ultimate Oreo Caramel Apples
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 Nellie's Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, optional (Omitted)
- 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Candy eyes
How to cook Mummy Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 8-in. square baking pans with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. In another bowl, mix flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, mixing well. If desired, stir in pecans.
- Spread into prepared pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Lifting with foil, remove brownies from pans. Cut into bars. Using a No. 46 pastry tip, pipe frosting over brownies. Decorate with candy eyes.
- Source: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mummy-brownies/
brownies, Halloween, Trick or Treat
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Ghost Cheddar Popcorn by Palatable Pastime
- Graveyard Chocolate Apple Slices by Big Bear’s Wife
- Graveyard Cookie Dip by Our Good Life
- Halloween Crunch by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Halloween Haystacks by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Halloween Muddy Buddies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Monster Marshmallows by Family Around the Table
- Monster Mash Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mummy Brownies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Shrimp on the Brain Dip by Cooking with Carlee
- Boozy Graveyard Chocolate Pumpkin Rum Cupcakes by Daily Dish Recipes
- Vampire Victim Cocktail by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures