One of the first cookies I can remember eating is a pizzelle, and I'm still a huge fan today. Even though you need a special iron to make them, the rest of it is really so simple. This time around I took the basic pizzelle recipe and instead of vanilla or anise, I used Adams lemon extract. I also used some of their yellow food coloring to distinguish them from my regular pizzelle.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
To take them completely over the top, I filled them with a lemon buttercream and blueberry preserves. They'd also be fantastic with strawberry or raspberry preserves or even fresh fruit. Just be aware that once they are filled the clock starts ticking, you need to eat them that day or they will get soggy.
Thank you to Adams for sponsoring #SpringSweetsWeek! Be sure to go and check out all the other amazing recipes being shared this week!
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons Adams Lemon Extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Adams yellow food coloring (optional)
Lemon buttercream (optional)
- 1/2c butter, softened
- 4 1/2c confectioner's sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Adams Lemon Extract
- 5 to 6 tablespoons milk
- Beat eggs, adding sugar gradually. Beat until smooth.
- Add cooled, melted butter and lemon extract.
- Sift flour and baking powder, add to egg mixture. Mix until smooth.
- The batter will be sticky, but can be dropped onto iron by spoonful. Cook according to your pizzelle iron's instructions.
- For the buttercream:
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, lemon extract and enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- If desired, spread one pizzelle with blueberry preserves, pipe lemon buttercream frosting on another and sandwich them together.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
Tuesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- 6-Ingedient Mango-Coconut Bundt Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Baklava Cake for Passover by Kate's Recipe Box
- Blood Orange Cinnamon Rolls by Simply Inspired Meals
- Blueberry Flavored Coffee Ice Cream by Jen Around the World
- Blueberry Flower Tarts by Blogghetti
- Brownie Batter Mocha Bundt Cake by Sweet Beginnings
- Chocolate Mousse Cake by Family Around the Table
- Coffee Caramel Sauce by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Deep Chocolate Mint Snack Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Greek Yogurt Tangerine Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- Lemon Pizzelles by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf with Glaze by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Pecan Scones by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Pink Champagne Cupcakes by Cookaholic Wife
- Strawberry Pie Bars by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Pudding by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Vegan Orange Poppyseed Bundt Cake with Strawberry Icing by The Baking Fairy
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Anolon, Fresh April Sprinkles, Deiss Kitchenware, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.