So happy to be joining the #MuffinMonday crew this month! I found the recipe for these Red, White & Blueberry Muffins while searching for ways to use up white baking chips. I have a bit of a baking chip collecting problem, I see so many fun ones, grab them, but then I'm not sure what to use them in.
I only made minor changes to the recipe. I doubled it because six muffins wouldn't last very long around here. I also reserved a bit of the flour and tossed the fruit and chips with it. This is something my Gram taught me to help keep things from sinking to the bottom of baked goods.
I also sprinkled the tops with raw sugar before baking. I just love the sparkle and crunch it gives them. Such a great combinations of flavors, something in every bite! Thank you to Ronna F for sharing her recipe! Be sure to go and check out all of the other amazing #MuffinMonday recipes using the links down below.
Red, White & Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (divided)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (do not defrost if using frozen berries)
- 6 tablespoons white baking chips
- In a small bowl, combine 1 1/4c flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, Toss berries and chips with 1/4c flour. Fold into batter.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
strawberries, blueberries, white chocolate
Muffins, breakfast, snacks
Created using The Recipes Generator
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all of our lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page.
- Berry Oatmeal Muffin from Passion Kneaded
- Chocolate Banana Mini Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins from Making Miracles
- Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Jalapeño Corn Bread Muffins with Cheddar Butter from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Red, White & Blue Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Sour Cream Lemon Muffins with a Rosemary Glaze from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sourdough Corn Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm