It's the final day of Fall Flavors week and today I'm sharing Ginger Apple Pear Crisp. What makes this a crisp and not a cobbler or a crumble? Crisps use brown sugar in the topping and also contain some kind of oats.
I used Granny Smith apples and Barlett pears. I peeled the apples but did not peel the pears, just personal preference.
I made the topping in the food processor because I hate using a pastry blender to cut in butter. As a result you can't see the oats in the topping, but they are there.
You can serve it up as is or you can totally take it over the top with some vanilla bean ice cream and diced candied ginger.
Ginger Apple Pear Crisp
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, toss the first 7 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix the first 6 topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake until golden brown and fruit is tender, 40-45 minutes. Serve warm.
Welcome to the fourth annual #FallFlavors! We have 21 bloggers sharing over SIXTY recipes using fall ingredients like squash, apples, maple, pecans, and many more. Follow #FallFlavors to see all the delicious recipes on social media. Follow the Favorite Fall Recipes Facebook group and follow the Favorite Fall Flavors Pinterest board for more fall inspiration!
Friday #FallFlavors Recipes
Appetizers and Beverages
- Delicious Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball from Family Around The Table
- Pumpkin Spice White Russian from Our Crafty Cocktails
- Vegan Sweet Potato Cutlets from Magical Ingredients
- Cinnamon Chip Apple Muffins from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Walnut Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette from Art of Natural Living
- Autumn Chicken Cobb Salad from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Ham, Apple and Cheddar Quesadillas from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Slow Cooker German Pork Roast from Palatable Pastime
- Air Fryer Candied Pecans from Devour Dinner
- Apple Cinnamon Chip Cookies from Sweet Beginnings
- Candy Corn Cookies from Best Cookie Recipes
- Ginger Apple Pear Crisp from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Maple Brown Sugar Cookies with Candied Sage from The Spiffy Cookie
- Maple Pecan Biscotti from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin Caramel Trifle Mason Jar Dessert from Our Crafty Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars from Blogghetti
- Pumpkin Dump Cake from An Affair from the Heart
- Sweet Potato Cinnamon Roll Cake from Jen Around the World