I'm kicking off #BrunchWeek with my latest obsession, stuffed waffles! Today's version is a peanut butter waffle chock full of bacon and banana, also known as the Elvis Stuffed Waffle.
To get the peanut butter flavor into the batter I used PB2, which is a powdered peanut butter product. If you can't get your hands on it or just want to use regular peanut butter, you can dollop it on top of the bananas.
Peanut Butter, Bacon and Banana Stuffed Waffles
- 2c flour
- 1T sugar
- 2T PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1T baking powder
- 1t salt
- 1 3/4c milk
- 2 eggs
- 2T vegetable oil
- 1t vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 4 slices of cooked crumbled bacon
- Powdered sugar, maple syrup, additional sliced banana and cooked crumbled bacon, optional
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk milk, eggs, oil and vanilla in medium bowl. Whisk milk mixture into dry ingredients just until dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened.
- Preheat the Elite Gourmet Fluffy Stuffed Waffle Maker. Pour 1/4 cup batter into iron. Top with banana and bacon. Pour another 1/4 cup of batter carefully on top, making sure that the insert section is filled to the top.
- Close lid and bake for approximate 8 to 10 minutes. Carefully remove waffle using the insert and place on serving platter. Dust with powdered sugar, top with additional banana and bacon and serve with syrup if desired.
Other #BrunchWeek recipes you may enjoy:
Welcome to #BrunchWeek! This event has been around for over 7 years. It’s a fun way to share our love for all things brunch related to help celebrate Mother’s Day! We have 11 bloggers sharing over 30 recipes this year!! That’s 30 plus delicious recipes to help celebrate mothers, family, and friends. If you’re putting together a brunch, then you’ll appreciate all the variety this event offers! From cocktails to baked goods and even sandwiches, there’s something for everyone.
Here are today’s #BrunchWeek recipes:
- Caramel Simple Syrup from Tara's Multicultural Table
- Chipotle Tacos de Papa from Magical Ingredients
- Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing from For the Love of Food
- Guava and Cream Cheese Pastelitos from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Hibiscus Lemonade from Art of Natural Living
- Key Lime Curd Mousse from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cheesecake Muffins from The Spiffy Cookie
- Orange Cream Scones from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Peanut butter, Bacon and Banana Stuffed Waffles from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Spreadable Whipped Cream Cheese (for bagels) from Palatable Pastime
That waffle iron is so cool! I love the "Elvis" combination!ReplyDelete
A stuffed waffle? With bacon? I'm totally in!ReplyDelete
These look fab. I have some pb powder I can use (it doesn't have chocolate) but I imagine chox is an easy add with cocoa or syrup.ReplyDelete
Fabulous waffles! Stuffed food is always special here. Now I am obsessed with these stuffed waffles and ordering the waffle maker right away.ReplyDelete
I LOE PB2 powder! It's perfect for smoothies, macaron, and now waffles!! Yum!ReplyDelete
Love the idea of stuffed waffles! And there's something for everyone in here. You know I bought PB powder, then forgot what it was for so happy to have a new recipe!ReplyDelete