Skip to main content

Let's fire up the grill!

Looking for new grilling recipes to try this summer? From appetizers to dessert here are some great ideas to up your grill game!


Appetizers and snacks

Bacon Cheddar Jalapenos

  One of my favorite apps to order when I go out is jalapeno poppers and this grilled version is absolutely amazing!


 
Tomatoes are one of my very favorite foods of summer.  I'm always looking for fun new ways to serve them up!

 

Smoky Grilled Corn Salsa

You're just a few minutes away from a delicious spin on a classic snack!


Grilled Potato Skins

These have been a family favorite for more than a decade but they never last long enough to get new pictures of them! 


 
 
These work perfectly with zucchini too! Great for low carbers but everyone will love them.
 


Side dishes and salads

 Grilled Brussels Sprouts

 These colorful and delicious skewers are good straight off the grill but also make a nice day 2 dish tossed with some rice or quinoa.

 

Grilled Apple Tossed Salad

I know this one sounds out there, but give it a try! 


 
 
 One of my favorite ways to eat zucchini and it's awesome with eggplant too!


 Grilled Potatoes and Peppers

Easy to prepare and even easier clean up! 


 
 
Eggplant is pretty much a blank canvas and you can paint it with Cajun seasoning and beautiful grill marks! 

 

 

Main dishes

 Honey Citrus Chicken Sandwiches

 One of the best ways to avoid the "Chicken again?" trap is with marinades!


 
 
If you haven't made pizza on the grill you've got to try it! This version is loaded with summer veggies and prosciutto and uses pesto for the sauce.
 

 
 
The tomato spinach topping is so good, I could eat a bowl of it by itself. You can skip the wrap and it makes a wonderful salad too.


Brats with Grilled Corn Relish   

 Up your brat game by basting it with a balsamic mustard glaze and topping it with a colorful veggie salsa!

 

Grilled Buttermilk Chicken

Garlic, thyme and of course, buttermilk make this chicken juicy and flavorful.  I like to double the recipe, it makes great sandwiches and topping for salads throughout the week.

 

All American Hamburgers

You just can't beat a classic burger! I like mine with some Jalapeno Ketchup!


 
 
Another one for the low carb peeps in your life.  You can never go wrong with bacon!


Jersey Style Hot Dogs

Hot dogs are  such an easy meal to whip up, but they're a tough sell for my guys.  I'm constantly looking for ways to switch them up.  I love peppers and onions with Italian sausage, so I knew this would be a hit too.


Coconut Lime Grilled Chicken

A can of coconut milk is the stepping stone to this tropical delight!


 
 
 I loved the texture of the patty on this one, the egg and crumb almost makes them "meatloaf-y", plus you have the cool crunch of the romaine and the creamy dressing.



Grilled Garden Pizza

 I've only been grilling pizza for a few years. It's so simple, and anything that keeps me from having to turn on the oven during the summer is a winner in my book! 


 
 
 Easily customizable, filling but not heavy, perfect for the hot summer months! This one's great with some cooked and crumbled bacon too.


 

Desserts 

I started grilling desserts the summer I was pregnant with my kid and was craving chocolate chip cookies and didn't want to run the oven. 

 

Honey Rum Grilled Banana Split 

 When life hands you bananas, grill them and glaze them with honey and rum! They're great for dessert but they're also awesome sliced on top of pancakes and waffles.

 

Grilled Fruit Cobbler 

 Any in season fruit works for these and the best part is that it's made in a disposable pan so no clean up!


 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites

I'm a huge fan of the Dunkin Donuts Power Breakfast sandwich, so when I started seeing ads for the new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites I stopped in and gave them a try.  They were delicious, but of course, I knew I could make them at home.  I started with the whites of six eggs. You can use pasturized whites if you don't want to do the whole separating, finding a use for the yolks thing.  I beat them up with some salt and pepper. Next up, the tomato and spinach.  I used grape tomatoes, seeded them and then chopped them into 1/4" pieces. I like baby spinach, and I took about 10 leaves and chopped those up into 1/4" pieces as well. I added that to the egg mixture.  When you pour it into the pans, be sure that it all gets evenly distributed.   They bake up pretty quickly, around 9 minutes or so.  Dunkin gives you two egg bites, the mini donut serving size is three. I pop them in ziplocs in the fridge and just pull a bag and reheat them in the microwave for a quick

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon and Cheddar Omelet Bites

Since I already came up with a version of Dunkin Donuts new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites for myself, I decided to make the other variety that they are offering, Bacon & Cheddar, for my husband. Super simple.  Beat up some eggs with salt and pepper.  Add in some shredded cheddar and a slice of bacon cut into 1/4" pieces (I used kitchen shears).  Bake them for about 9 minutes in sprayed mini donut pans. They baked up light and fluffy.  The bacon stayed crisp and there's just the perfect amount of cheese.   I split them up into portions in zip top bags and that way we can just grab a bag and warm them up. My husband laughed when I told him 3 is the serving size.  I'll definitely be doubling the recipe next time! Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon & Cheddar Omelette Bites Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 4 large eggs 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 3T shredded cheddar cheese 1 slice cooked bacon, cut in 1/4" piec

Strawberry Pizzelles

Pizzelles are one of my favorite childhood cookies and I'm constantly looking for ways to put a new spin on them.  Since one of my favorite summer fruits is strawberries, I swapped out the vanilla in the original recipe with strawberry extract.  This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SummerDessertWeek !  I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own. I also added some red food coloring to give it a pink hue, but you can skip that if you like.  I use a cookie scoop to portion out the batter, it keeps all the pizzelles the same size, plus it's quicker than using two spoons.   They're delicious as is but you can take them over the top by fashioning them into a cylinder which we like to call fauxnoli.  You can pipe them full of whipped cream or buttercream.  If you want to prepare everything in advance, store the pizzelle in an airtight container, and the filling in a pastry or zip top bag in the f